Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Blog Review

While I was looking though our class blogs one that stuck out to me was My Little Corner of the Web. This blog is aesthetically pleasing with a nice background design. The format of this blog is also ideal. It is very well organized and the author has completed all of the assignments and labeled them clearly. This blog has also been personalized by its author with a picture of the author and a description of the author.

What I like most about this blog though is the writing. The author’s writing is open and personal. In it she shares facts about her life. For example in her response to “Where My Food Travels” she talks about the gastric bypass surgery she had which also relates to her Position Essay which is on gastric bypass surgery. By doing this she is relating the class to her life and things that interest her which I think is a really smart thing to do. Her writing is also descriptive and flowing at the same time which makes it easy to read. When I stumbled upon her page I found myself reading from one post to the next because of how easy and interesting the log posts were to follow. Another part of this blog that I like is the humor. In the “Logical Fallacies” response post the author talks about being married and liking “loaded questions.” My Little Corner of the Web is an ideal blog because it has good writing and conveys interesting ideas with humor.

No comments: